How To Speed Healing
Sharon Nayor, author of The Unofficial Guide for Divorce and divorced herself, shares these secrets from people who found ways to speed their healing after divorce:
- Allow time to pass.
- Talk it out, but don’t dwell on it.
- Tell yourself, “I deserve better.”
- Lean on your support system.
- Work on your future by taking a course or looking for a new job.
- Get a makeover or a new wardrobe to help you feel better about yourself.
- Lean on your faith.
- Keep yourself occupied with productive activites.
- Read encouraging or inspiring books.
- Clip or print out inspiration thoughts for the refrigerator door.
- Don’t be sentimental about the past.
- Don’t over-dramatize.
- Don’t be fatalistic.
- Tell yourself “Better days are coming,” because they are.